Friday, March 26, 2010

Shredder Friday Returns!

So, I spent the first half of my spring break rocking out pretty hard to Andrew WK and Megadeth. The rest of the week, however, was spent working my ass off moving my mother's office. Too exhausted from concert attendance and heavy lifting, I couldn't get a Shredder Friday post up last week. Let me make it up to you with this offering.

This is Tiago Della Vega setting a Guinness book world record for the fastest guitar playing. Or maybe its just the fastest anyone has ever played Flight of the Bumblebee? I guess that piece is just the standard for showing how fast you can play. He gets up to 320 BPM. I'll let you calculate how many Hz he's playing at. The actual guitar playing starts at 3:00.



This next video is Greg Howe playing the Beat It solo (originally record by Eddie Van Halen) on the Michael Jackson HIStory tour back in the mid 90's.



I just stumbled across this searching for Greg Howe videos. Here is the worst promo video I've ever seen (worse than this). Weird commercials for albums are always terrible, but this one is particularly bad. Just check it out.



And check out this weird video of Eddie Van Halen playing an instrumental version of Panama with David Letterman's band. Other than seeing some cool playing by Eddie, it's all about Paul Shaffer getting really silly on the organ.



That's all for this installment. Have a fun weekend, and make sure to figure out that fingering for the Phrygian mode... so tricky.

1 comment:

  1. Speed that guy has got. Here is some shredding of a different sort for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAgZh3DaQdI

    ReplyDelete